Welcome to the Green Mountain state!

Each state needs a competent medical workforce to meet the needs of it’s citizens. However, the requirements for some health care professions are not the same in each state. That is why it is important to find out what is required of you as a future or current registered nurse before moving across state lines. Contact information is located at the bottom of this page.


You must also demonstrate that you have graduated within the last five years from an RN program and worked at least 400 hours in the last two years or 960 hours in the last five years. If you do not have the required work experience, you must complete and file the Verification of Education - RN (Domestic) form and provide official transcripts from your RN program.

Renewal takes place every two years on odd numbered years. The period covers from the 1st of April to the 31st of March. You will need to work either a minimum of 400 hours in the last two years or 960 hours in the last five years. If you do not meet the minimum work requirement, you must take a reentry course.

Continuing Competency

Vermont does not have any mandatory continuing education requirements.

This state requires nurses to hold current ACLS certification.

Contact Information

Web address:

89 Main Street, 3rd Floor Montpelier, Vermont 05620-3402

Phone: (802) 828-2367, or

Board of Nursing

(802) 828-2396


Click here for Vermont’s RN frequently asked questions.

Edit this page.

Online ACLS Recertification in 2-5 hours

10% off with 2 courses, 15% off with 3

... see our other courses and group discounts