Welcome to the Beehive state!

" The Nursing Licensure Compact (NLC) is an agreement between states that allows nurses to have one license but the ability to practice in other states that are part of the agreement.

Originally developed in 2000, in 2024 the license had grown to include at least 25 states. To help streamline the process for nurses the Enhanced Nursing Licensure Compact (eNLC) was implemented in 2018 and included standards for licensure which the originally compact license was lacking.


Each state needs a competent medical workforce to meet the needs of it’s citizens. However, the requirements for some health care professions are not the same in each state. That is why it is important to find out what is required of you as a future or current registered nurse before moving across state lines. Contact information is located at the bottom of this page.


Utah is a compact state. If you are moving to Utah or claiming it as your primary state of residence, you will need to apply for application by endorsement in order to use your license in Utah. General instructions are listed below.

You must renew your license online or by using the paper application. Renewal cost $58 and takes place every two years.

You are required to complete one of the following for continued competency:

All continuing education hours must be Board approved.

This state requires nurses to hold current ACLS certification.

Contact Information

State of Utah Department of Commerce Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing

Heber M. Wells Bldg., 4th Floor 160 East 300 South Salt Lake City, UT 84111

Phone number: 801.530.6628

Fax number: 801.530.6511


Click here for FAQs.

Edit this page.

Online ACLS Recertification in 2-5 hours

10% off with 2 courses, 15% off with 3

... see our other courses and group discounts